Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Is it right or is it wrong?

Is NYC Right or Wrong
(video provided by youtube.com )

Just a few days ago a phone cam caught the great state of New York Cleaning up the curb. However it didn't turn out quite like anyone would have expected. 

  We all know how bad it is to waste food. And I am sure Most of us know what it is like to be hungry.  So when I saw this video of the NYC sanitation department taking fruit from a store front, Of course I was in a up roar. As I am sure the store owner was to. Claiming that over 8 thousand dollars worth of fruit was taking.  He was pretty upset to say the least. However his fine list for having the fruit to close to the street was long enough for him to no better.

  If you are like my self and only caught the video which filled Facebook feeds on Feb 20.  (not sure if that was the day this all went down.)  Then you to seen the state send in a trash truck to load up the fruit in front of small store in NYC.  The Sanitation workers not thinking twice about what they was doing. As if they were on a regular stop on their regular schedule. 

  This biggest issue I felt was the plain out waste of the fruit.. With all the homeless in America you would think they would not have thrown that fruit away. Instead you would think it would be loaded and sent some where to be used instead of wasted. As I am sure New York has it's fair share of homeless as well. 
 
    This is where I believe the problem lies. Had the state came in and just took the food/fruit Loaded it up and dropped it off at a shelter. Shortly after that you know there would be some type of lawsuit. Saying that the state Robbed me of my produce and gave it to the homeless.  Even though I was clearly in the wrong and knew better..
  Either way this did not turn out good for anyone involved.  The store owner lost 8+ grand. The state looks like they are evil. And No one gets to eat the Yummy fruit. But on a good note there weren't any firearms pulled and no fights reported.

   What do you think? (this goes out to my one reader)
I feel like it would have caused major issues if it had be loaded and given away. But at the same time it is just, well stupid to waste that much produce.
     Alright that's my spill, Thanks as always remember to be stilllivin4now, And stay safe
                                                                                                              Jesse Goodman
                                                                                                                      aka
                                                                                                                  Uncle Jesse
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment